Ultra-Wideband Train Control System (Flushing and Jamaica Line)
Ultra-wideband wireless technology brings the promise of fewer and shorter delays, and faster and cheaper installation of modern CBTC signaling, by eliminating much of the equipment traditionally fitted under trains and on tracks. This project will provide design and commission a complete UWB based Train control system in a section of a train line designated by NYCT for the pilot program at Flushing and Jamaica lines.
INFOTRAN, was a sub-consultant on this project and provided the client with construction management support necessary to oversee the installation, testing, and commissioning of the Ultra-Wideband (UWB)-based Train Control System Pilot Program and associated communication/fiber optic, power etc. under the Ultra-Wideband (UWB)-based Train Control System Pilot Program.
The scope of work included but was not limited to:
• Construction Management administration
• Inspection services – Quality assurance and Quality Control
• Safety Program Conformance
• CPM Scheduling and Monitoring safety and environmental issues during construction
• Substantial completion, final completion punch lists and closeout.
New York, NYUnique Attributes
Project Controls Construction Inspection Commissioning