60 Evergreen Pl, East Orange NJ 07018 USFull Time
- job titleArchitectural Designer
- location60 Evergreen Pl, East Orange NJ 07018 US
- job typeFull Time
- educationBachelor's Degree
Since its foundation in 2007, InfoTran Engineers & Architects, P.C. (INFOTRAN) has been providing comprehensive Architectural & Engineering Design, Construction Management & Inspection, Traffic & Transportation Engineering, and Condition Assessment services to the public/private sectors in the New York Metropolitan Area.
Our expanding business is seeking an experienced Architectural Designer with a passion for thoughtful, forward-thinking design. The candidate will assist in the design and development of projects, perform as needed building condition assessment surveys (BCAS), produce design presentation material and assist in the production and documentation of construction documents.
- Working with an architectural/engineering team in preparing documents for various public building type projects in the Transportation, K-12 Schools & Public Housing market sectors
- Performing building condition assessment survey (BCAS)
- Contributing to the development of distinct portions of a project with periodic supervision by project leadership; exhibiting initiative, process innovation, problem solving, and decision quality with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Producing and coordinating presentation and contract deliverables such as diagrams, 3D models, drawings and renderings.
- Preparing architectural plans; performing analysis of design and construction systems, planning studies, design layouts and construction details.
- Conducting research and writing/editing specifications, including coordinating with manufacturers.
- Conducting site and construction inspections for information-gathering purposes; preparing written reports.
- Integrating interdisciplinary criteria to effectively move forward the design portion of a project.
- Actively collaborating with a project team by critically and constructively evaluating ideas.
- Demonstrating a strong understanding of building materials, systems, specifications, codes, details and construction techniques. Must be able to enrich design concepts through technical strategies and effectively use appropriate tools to design and document at all project phases.
- 5-Year B. Arch or M. Arch degree required
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience with a good understanding of building systems, good production skills and an ability to develop design
- concepts. Must have started or completed The NCARB Architectural Experience Program (AXP). LEED Accreditation is a plus.
- Prior BCAS experience strongly desired.
- Proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD are required
- Proficiency in other associated design and office software is a plus
- Knowledge of the International building code and construction standards
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize with a “can do” work attitude
- Organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Capable of working effectively both independently and within a team, depending on project needs.
- Strong communication skills and excellent graphic presentation skills
- Knowledge of architectural design development, CD’s, codes, standards and other disciplines
INFOTRAN offers a competitive wage, complete benefits package including 401(k) with company match, medical, vision, dental and Life insurance plans, and opportunities for growth.
INFOTRAN is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law. ITE is a drug-free workplace.