60 Evergreen Pl, East Orange NJ US 07018Full Time
- job titleConstruction Inspector
- location60 Evergreen Pl, East Orange NJ US 07018
- job typeFull Time
- educationBachelor's Degree
ITE is looking for construction field inspectors to support transit projects. These projects may include track work, mechanical work such as escalators, elevators, HVAC, installation of signal/electrical equipment, electrical sub-panels, conduit routing, as well as other aspects of work involved in a transit agency electrical project. The position is in the New York Area and will require significant time working in the field.
You will be inspecting various facets of work at our client Jobsite and performing continuous surveillance of assigned inspection activities to ensure compliance with all applicable codes, standards, and specifications, as well as ensuring construction compliance to all safety and quality procedures. You will be required to document any nonconformance and will recommend appropriate resolutions to any non-conformities. You will be required to supervise, inspect, and respond to Request for Information (RFIs), review documents and submittals for conformance to the NYCT requirements, and coordinate and follow-up with the work they are assigned to with the client and Parsons team. Other duties may include:
Include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the on-site inspector for construction work performed by the contractor and subcontractors performing capital improvement work on tracks, train facilities/yards or train stations.
- Interact with the construction contractor’s site supervision on electrical and communications field issues to ensure compliance with the construction contract requirements
- Prepares daily reports and other documentation, as required by contract.
- Verifies that only approved materials are incorporated in the work.
- Collects, reviews, and files Certificate of Compliance, MSDS, inspection tags, and other information relevant to the materials used.
- Coordinates work of sub-consultants for surveying and material testing.
- Recommends job safety practices and drafts safety reports.
- Prepares quality control reports and recommends changes to procedures.
- Reports on installed quantities to verify applications for payment and change order work.
- Responds to the callbacks in case of emergency at the project site.
- Plans and coordinates all field inspection activities and reviews the work of Representatives to ensure compliance with job specifications.
- Prepare summary reports, respond to various problems of Representatives, authorizing expenses and overtime, and assist Resident Engineers in completion of construction work in accordance with the design
- Minimum 5 years of construction experience on transit projects.
- MTA Track safety training & PMG123 training are highly desirable.
- BS. in Civil Engineering, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Construction Management, or related would-be a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times.
ITE offers a competitive wage, complete benefits package including 401(k) with company match, medical, vision, dental, and Life insurance plans, and opportunities for growth.
ITE is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law. ITE is a drug-free workplace.